A blockchain explorer is like a search engine specifically designed for blockchain networks. It allows users to easily navigate the blockchain by providing detailed information about transactions, addresses, and blocks. Think of it as a window into the world of cryptocurrencies.
With a blockchain explorer, you can enter a transaction ID or a wallet address to retrieve relevant data such as the transaction history, current balance, and the status of confirmations. It provides transparency and allows users to verify transactions, track their funds, and monitor the overall activity on the blockchain. A blockchain explorer serves as a powerful tool for analyzing the decentralized nature of cryptocurrencies, empowering users with valuable insights into the flow of digital assets across the blockchain network.
How to Check Transaction on Blockchain
Checking transactions on the blockchain is a common practice among traders, and it’s a straightforward process. Whether you want to track a specific transaction or you want to verify the movement of your funds, the blockchain provides a transparent way to check transaction details. To check a transaction on the blockchain, follow these simple steps:
- Get the transaction ID (also known as the transaction hash) related to the specific transaction you want to check. This ID is a unique string of characters assigned to each transaction on the blockchain.
- Visit a blockchain explorer website, such as blockchain.com, etherscan.io, or blockchair.com. These platforms provide user-friendly interfaces to explore the blockchain.
- Find the search bar or input field on the explorer’s website. Enter the transaction ID into the search bar.
- Click on the “Search” button. The blockchain explorer will retrieve the relevant information associated with the transaction.
- Review the transaction details displayed on the explorer. This typically includes information like the sender and recipient addresses, the amount of cryptocurrency transferred, transaction fees, and the status of confirmations.
- If you want, you can delve deeper into the transaction by exploring additional details provided by the explorer, such as the block height in which the transaction was included and any associated smart contract interactions.
How to Send Bitcoin on Blockchain
Sending Bitcoin on the blockchain is a straightforward process that allows you to transfer digital currency with ease. With a few steps, you can securely send Bitcoin to anyone, anywhere in the world.
- Set up a Bitcoin wallet: Choose a reliable wallet that supports Bitcoin and set it up by following the provided instructions. Make sure you securely store your wallet’s private key.
- Get the recipient’s Bitcoin address: Ask the person you want to send Bitcoin for their Bitcoin address. It is a long string of alphanumeric characters that uniquely identifies their wallet.
- Open your Bitcoin wallet: Open your Bitcoin wallet application or access your online wallet account.
- Initiate a new transaction: Look for the option to send Bitcoin within your wallet interface. It may be labeled as “Send,” “Transfer,” or something similar.
- Enter the recipient’s address: Copy and paste the recipient’s Bitcoin address into the designated field within your wallet. Make sure the address is accurate to avoid sending funds to the wrong destination.
- Specify the amount: Indicate the amount of Bitcoin you wish to send. Some wallets allow you to specify the amount in Bitcoin directly, while others require you to input the value in a local currency.
- Confirm the transaction details: Double-check the recipient’s address and the amount you entered. Verify that everything is accurate before proceeding.
- Confirm and send: Review the transaction details once more, ensuring everything is correct. If all looks good, confirm the transaction to initiate the transfer.
- Wait for confirmation: After sending the Bitcoin, you’ll need to wait for the transaction to be confirmed by the network. Confirmation times can vary, but once the transaction is included in a block, it is considered final.
So, whether you’re making a payment or sending funds to a friend, sending Bitcoin on the blockchain is very easy. For crypto traders looking for a reliable way to convert their Bitcoin into cash, Dart Africa is the best exchange for that. With Dart Africa, you can confidently liquidate your Bitcoin holdings and receive cash in return.